Sand Springs is located in Northeast Oklahoma, six miles west of Tulsa. The city was incorporated in 1912, just five years after statehood. The city is continually flourishing with an area of 22 square miles, an extended growth area of 150 square miles, and a city population of 17,765. Our community is a beautiful, progressive city. It continues to grow and prosper while preserving our family atmosphere.
The city also provides water, wastewater, stormwater, and solid waste services to its residents. These utility systems operate for the benefit of the City of Sand Springs and are an integral part of city operations. The city owns and operates an 18-hole golf course, the Canyons at Blackjack Ridge, and the Sand Springs-Pogue Airport under the SSMA.